20. helmikuuta 2021

My favorite techniques: Intarsia

Back in 2013 I got an idea that challenged me to learn a new knitting technique: intarsia. The blog post about it is here. – And I fell in love with the technique and all the possibilities it gave me for designing.

Since that first project I’ve made few intarsia designs that I’m still pretty proud of: my all time favorite “Still Panda” that combines Veera Välimäkis pattern Still Light and my own motif from Panda.

Another one that I’m still very proud of is “Pikselimössö” (that is still on the draft board…). My craziest idea so far and you can see on my Ravelry project page why it still is a crazy idea with all the bobbins :D

But who knows how many more crazy intarsia ideas I still get with a quite an easy technique at the end of the day. Check this video and see for yourself that intarsia isn’t that hard:


On RS: K until colour change; cross the two yarns in the back of work (WS of work) and cont to K with new colour.

On WS: P until colour change; cross the two yarns in front of work (WS of work) and cont to P with new colour.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti