19. helmikuuta 2021

My favorite techniques: Japanese short rows

I’ve only recently discovered and felled in love with the Japanese way of making short rows. There’s not any big different to the more common W&T, where you wrap yarn around the next stitch. But for my loose knitting the Japanese style makes a neater outcome: instead of wrapping yarn around the next stitch, you’ll wrap the yarn around the needle.

Japanese short rows on RS

On RS of your work you’ll K to the turning point, turn work, wrap the yarn around RH needle and cont to P. – When working wrapped sts tog you’ll K2tog with the st on the left side of the wrapped st.

Japanese short rows on WS

On WS of your work you’ll P to the turning point, turn work and wrap the yarn around RH needle and cont to K. – When working wrapped sts tog you’ll make a ssp with the st on the left side of the wrapped st.

I’ve figured out that this style works with my loose knitting ‘cause it keeps my yarn tension constant.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti