12. lokakuuta 2015

Monday Morning in lace

I made this lace turtle neck pullover over 2.5 years ago and have used it a lot. Now I’ve finally managed to write the pattern for it! And am of course looking for test knitters for the pattern :)

Sizes: XS – S – M – L – XL – XXL to fit bust Circ 70 – 80 – 90 – 100 – 110 – 120 cm (28 – 32 – 36 – 40 – 44 – 48”)
Gauge: 10 x 10 cm (4”) = 28 sts and 40 rows
Yarn weight: fingering
Deadline: January 31st, 2016
More in my Ravelry groups Monday Morning Pullover test thread.
Monday Morning Pullover is a lace pullover worked from top down in one piece without any seams. Effortless, stylish and timeless.

Pattern has a charted, but pretty easy, lace pattern. Includes also an option for wider hips made with lace darts.

7. lokakuuta 2015

Test knitters wanted again: Eufrosyyne jacket

Sizes: S – M – L – XL – XXL – 3XL to fit bust Circ 80 – 90 – 100 – 110 – 120 – 130 cm (32 – 36 – 40 – 44 – 48 – 52”)
Gauge: 10 x 10 cm (4”) = 20 sts and 26 rows
Yarn weight: sport/DK
Deadline: February 14th, 2016
More in my groups test thread.
Eufrosyyne is worked top down without any seams. The garter stitch collar continues as a frame through the whole hem and with optional fringes.

So this jacket that is named after my ancestor and is inspired by Finnish folklore. The stranded knitted stripe on the hem is a modification of traditional Finnish embroidery called “red embroidery”. (Here is one example of traditional red embroidery.)

This project has been a whole lot of work… I got the idea about a year ago and started to work with the first version of the jacket in the beginning of this year. The first one looked like this:

I wasn’t happy with it at all. The yarn wasn’t smooth enough… and the construction didn’t work in reality as I had imagined in my mind; there’s too much fabric in the front. I didn’t even like the first version of my stranded pattern. So I did some new calculations, modified the stranded pattern and started all over.

This time I also graded the pattern ahead and made the next version for a dear friend. I was really happy with the look on this one:

And of course I wanted my own version of the jacket! I ordered some really nice yarn and started to work with my own piece… only to once again notice that my yarn wasn’t suitable. This time it was way too thin. – The yarn has been used though to something else that I’m going to reveal shortly ;)

So I re-wrote the pattern once more, now for a whole new yarn weight. And this time my Eufrosyyne is spot on!

If you would like to test knit the pattern, follow this link to my Ravelry group where you’ll find more details about the pattern and a link further to a page where I’ve gathered some basic information about how I run my tests :)

Edit 13.10.2015: Ohjeen raakile käännetty nyt myös suomeksi!